Monday, August 20, 2007

Muy Grande

Alaska Update: I talked to Carl yesterday and they are doing well. Jae killed a Caribou on Friday and Carl got great footage. He said it took about an hour to pack it back to their camp. He said the site where they are camping is absolutely gorgeous. It is in a valley with beautiful mountains all around. So, yesterday it was Carl's turn to hunt. They headed to an area where they had seen Caribou from camp all week. It was near a creek. He said the fog has been fairly thick, so you could only see about 150-200 yards. They were hiking are all of the sudden (in his words) "muy grande stepped out of the fog!" Carl killed it with a rifle. He said it was awesome. Our phone connection wasn't great, but I did understand that they would be flying out today back to the outfitter's base camp. FBC Marion has a group doing a mission trip this week in southern Alaska. He had hoped to meet up with them before he heads back.

On the homefront: John and I are doing ok. We spent the weekend at Nana and Pop's house and went to church with them. John had lots of fun riding the tractor and the 4-wheeler. Pray for him to get rest this week. He hasn't slept well all week. He is cutting several teeth and can't rest very well. --
Don't forget to check out john's pics at teresaleephotography.com

1 comment:

Josh, Jessica, and Alyssa said...

I'm so glad Carl got to get him a caribou. My dad really enjoyed caribou hunting when he went a couple of years ago. I hope John feel better soon (I've heard that is hard to go through with some babies). I love you all!!